Legal + Regulatory
The attached Solvency and Financial Condition Reports (SFCRs) have been prepared in line with the requirements of the Solvency II (SII) Regulations.
The W. R. Berkley London Holdings Limited (WRBLHL) report is a group report providing information on WRBLHL and its UK based subsidiaries.
The reports aim to assist clients and other stakeholders in understanding the nature of the businesses reviewed, how they are managed and their respective solvency positions.
W/ R/ B Underwriting is the trading name of W. R. Berkley Syndicate Management Limited and W. R. Berkley UK Limited.
- W. R. Berkley Syndicate Management Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and are regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority & the Financial Conduct Authority.
- W. R. Berkley UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- W. R. Berkley Syndicate Management Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07712472 and registered office at 14th Floor, 52 Lime Street, London, EC3M 7AF.
- W. R. Berkley UK Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 09546454 and registered office at 14th Floor, 52 Lime Street, London, EC3M 7AF.
The ultimate holding company is W. R. Berkley Corporation, a company incorporated in the United States, with an address at 475 Steamboat Road, Greenwich, Connecticut 06830, USA.
Modern Slavery Statement 2017
This statement has been published in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (“The Act”) and sets out the steps undertaken by W/R/B Underwriting to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chain.
Our supply chain is comprised of mainly UK based third party suppliers of services such as IT software/hardware, HR, legal, claims handling, recruitment, cleaning, marketing materials, stationary and security.
Experts and bodies, such as the Global Slavery Index and the Corruption Perception Index do not consider the UK or financial services – the business sector in which we operate, to be high risk for slavery and human trafficking. We do not have intricate supply chains and all our suppliers are expected to comply with all local and national laws, regulations and rules.
We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. As part of our due diligence to identify, mitigate and monitor risk, we endeavour to:
- Undertake a risk assessment of supplier relationships
- Incorporate provisions in our supplier agreements
- Incorporate the requirements of The Act into our internal policies and procedures
- Ensure staff training and awareness
The attached tax strategy has been prepared in compliance with the requirements of Part 2 of Schedule 19 of Finance Act 2016 for the financial year ending 31 December 2018.